Fabric World No-Sew Braided Fleece Blanket
Anyone can make a nice a snug fleece blanket, you don’t even need a sewing machine. It is so easy even the kids will love this project. You can buy everything you need to make a No-Sew Braided Fleece Blanket at Fabric World in George. They have a stunning selection of fleece in stock to choose from.
You will need
- Two even size pieces of fleece. Not necessarily the same colour or design.
- Tape measure
- Disappearing ink pen
- Crochet Pen
- Lay the two pieces of fleece, one on top of the other with the wrong sides facing.
- Cut away 5cm squares from each corner. Cut fringe along each edge that is 2.5cm wide and 5cm deep, cutting through both the top and bottom fabrics.
- Cut a small hole in the middle of every fringe piece, approximately 0.5cm wide.
- Starting at one corner, pull the bottom piece of fringe through the small hole in the top piece of fringe. You can use a crochet pen. Then alternate by pulling the next top piece of fringe through the hole in the bottom fringe of the piece that was just pulled through the hole. Continue alternating top piece, bottom piece, around the entire blanket.
- When there is only one piece of fringe remaining, cut it in half and pull one half through the small hole of the previous piece. Knot the two halves together and tuck in the ends.
You can make cushions the same way. Enjoy your project and make a couple extra, it is a great gift! Hand made with love!
Fabric World George is well-known fabric shop in the Garden Route. Here you will find a BIG variety of fabrics, haberdashery and all needed notions!
View the No-Sew Braided Fleece Blanket instructions in the 2020 Special Edition Lalakoi Business Guide. To view this great online magazine click on this link www.lalakoi.com/2020specialedition
For more information on Fabric World click on their advertisement in the online magazine to view their listing on the Lalakoi Directory or click on the link below.